Friday, August 26, 2011

Preparing the path.

It was G.K. Chesterton who was quoted for saying "fairytales do not teach children that dragons exist, children already know that dragons exist. Fairytales teach children that dragons can be slain."

This quote has been echoing through my mind all this week. From my insane taxi drivers in Chicago, to overcoming sickness to get my shots, to being able to miraculously fit everything I need in my suitcases. Needless to say, my fairytale is happening here and now. This weekend I must face the inevitable sorrow filled goodbye to many family and friends that will come to see me off as I pass into legend in our little hometown area.

My mind races, I know that we, as people, tend to believe that the grass is always greener on the farther side of the path. With such an attitude, we always set ourselves up for disappointment, but I cannot help but wonder what awaits me. I have such a good group of new friends, dare I say brothers and sisters awaiting my arrival. Only wednesday will tell as I leave on Monday. I will hopefully continue this along as time rolls on, until then though, goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! I'm soooo excited about this Journey that we are on! Your southern sister can't wait to see you! Be safe and see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete